The University of Manitoba Institute for the Humanities is pleased to announce the UMIH Graduate Fellowship. An annual fellowship, valued at up to $5000 (subject to budgetary approval) will be offered to a University of Manitoba graduate student who:
1) is enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies in any year of a master’s or doctoral program and is conducting research in the humanities;
2) has achieved a minimum degree GPA of 3.5 (or equivalent) based on the previous 60 credit hours of study.
Candidates are required to submit an application that includes:
1) A cover letter (maximum 1000 words) that describes
a) the status of the applicant’s research,
b) potential significance that the student’s research will have for one or more disciplines in the humanities,
c) the benefits the student hopes to gain by being associated with the Institute for the Humanities,
d) the expected timeline for the completion of the degree;
2) A statement describing the applicant’s research project that follows the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship guidelines for word limit and references;
3) Current academic transcript;
4) Two letters of recommendation.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from visible minority groups, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Application materials will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba).
All application materials should be addressed to:
University of Manitoba Institute for the Humanities
c/o Sabrina Sethi
407 Tier Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 phone: 204 474 9599 | fax: 204 474 7596 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications and all support material is 4 May 2020. A decision will be made by mid-June 2020. Graduate Fellowship 2020-21 For more information, visit umanitoba.ca/arts/departments/humanities